Friday, July 16, 2010

Surgery!

Hey all,

We're home! Nicole is napping with a few ice packs and some grogginess. The results: 1 cubic centimeter of tumor (as the surgeon said, a 'marble') removed and 3 lymph nodes with NO SIGN of cancer.

Of course there is still a chance extensive pathology will show something worse, but for right now we're going to celebrate the news and enjoy the moment. We will see the surgeon in a week for a follow-up appointment and he'll be able to say definitively whether the lymph nodes were clear. After that, a few weeks of healing then her treatment will begin.

I think Nicole's parents and I are going to join Nicole in a nap very soon, but thank you all so much for all the encouragement, positive thoughts, and prayers.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks, Steve, for the good news. We are continuing to pray for you all. Give Nicole, Holly and even my brother a hug for me :)
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole,

    Wishing a quick recovery.You are always in my prayers.

    Roopa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nicole,

    That is encouraging news, keeping you in my prayers.

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicole and Steve!

    I hope y'all had a restful weekend. Thank you for the continued updates. Sending prayers your way!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great news! Thanks for keeping us updated. I am wishing you and Nicole all the best in the coming weeks.

    Amy M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news! My best wishes and prayers to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Give that pretty lady a hug for me...she deserves it. Thinking about you guys.

    ReplyDelete